Laurel Hefferon is a passionate, highly-qualified and compassionate practitioner in several complementary healing modalities. When you have a consultation with Laurel you know that you are being supported with a wide knowledge base that includes a Bachelor of Health Science degree in Western Herbal Medicine and an Advanced Diploma in Naturopathy, all interwoven with a passion for nature, natural health & healing. Her deep knowledge of body systems and wellness processes is supported by over 30 years work as a registered nurse.
- Herbal Medicine: The dispensary is full of tinctures and extracts, many hand-made here in her clinic from organic and wildcrafted ingredients. Laurel considers the the astrology of the plants and utilises the waxing and waning energies of the Moon when preparing, mixing and extracting her herbal tinctures. The clinic stocks a large range of therapeutic teas and handmade medicinal salves and elixirs.
- Food-as-Medicine teachings and dietary plans that suit each clients individual needs – using the healing power of natural foods to promote healing and support and strengthen body systems.
Other therapies in the clinic:
- Colonic Hydrotherapy: realising that optimal health requires a fully-functioning and healthy digestive system, colonics help to release toxin overload so that the body can heal more efficiently.
- VLA Quadscan®: the latest in high-technology scanning of the body to determine health at the cellular level. My emphasis is on preventative health-care; as a nurse in the clinical hospital settings for a few decades I saw all too often the extension of life (in years) without any consideration of the quality of that life. I also saw all too often that many patients suffered from preventable conditions and were prescribed numerous medications for these conditions, without any discussion or guidance regarding restoring health with diet and with simple cleansing practises. I use a number of clinical tools in my consultations including Quadscan, which is a scientifically validated bioelectrical impedance analysis device that allows us to assess information from your inner-world of cellular health, hydration levels, body composition and overall health status. The Quadscan is TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) approved as a medical device.
Live-in retreat clients can also enhance and nourish your time here with of a myriad of in-house therapies, such as:
- Ka Huna Massage: Temple-Style Kahuna bodywork, a deep and nurturing massage practice that promotes the flow of energy throughout the body, relaxes muscles and nurtures the soul along
- Breathwork sessions: Laurel is a qualified Clarity Breathwork Practitioner
A little about Clarity Breathwork: Clarity Breathwork (formerly known as Rebirthing) is a powerful process of healing and transformation. It deeply supports the clearing away of old energies, patterns, conditioning, negative thoughts and emotions and opens the doors wide for new life and greater consciousness. Most of us don’t breathe fully, we hold back the breath and have been doing so most of our lives. When we start to breathe fully and consciously we are easily able to release what we have been holding and open to an incredible expansion of consciousness, including greater forgiveness and self-love. This inner change brings about shifts in our outer lives for the better. Breathwork emerged out of the consciousness era of the 60′s to support people in addressing core issues held in the subconscious while also expanding consciousness in order to contact one’s Essence — healing our false sense of separation. Clarity Breathwork supports people to release stress and tension, heal and resolve trauma, gain deeper insights into current life issues, and access one’s own internal healing energy, creativity and greater knowing.
- Sound Healing and Energy Healing & Chakra Balancing
Our clinic and studio accommodation is constructed on a natural spur situated between two gullies of natural rainforest, and although just 3kms from Maleny town, you’ll feel completed isolated with just the forest as your neighbours.