Detox Tea Blend – 150gms
Supporting the detoxification pathways of the liver and kidneys, this special blend of herbs gently liberates and eliminates toxins from the entire body.
Caution: Not to be taken whilst pregnant.
Preparation: measure 1 teaspoon of herbal blend per cup of freshly boiled water into a warmed glass or ceramic teapot. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes before straining into a cup and drinking whilst hot.
Alternatively these herbs can be decocted (brought to boil and simmered) for a stronger detoxification effect:Place 2 tablespoons herbal blend per litre of cold water into a saucepan, bring to boil and then simmer, covered for 20-30minutes. Use monthly in conjunction with the Ultimate 5-day Liver & Gallbladder Flush protocol below.
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) roots and leaves, burdock (Artium lappa) root and ginger (Zinger officinale) rhizome, peppermint (Mentha piperita) and nettle (Uritca dioica) leaves, cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) bark , schisandra (Schisandra chinensis) berries, calendula (Calendula officinalis) petals, fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and St. Mary’s Thistle (Silybum marianum) seeds.
Ultimate 5-day Liver and Gallbladder Flush
Many of my patients have successfully dissolved gall-bladder sludge and small stones by using Detox Tea Blend regularly (once a month – from 1st to 5th of each month… is a great way to remember!)
The Ultimate 5-day Liver and Gall bladder flush is a gentle method for dissolving and releasing gallstones and sediment from the gall bladder and as a general liver function enhancer. This practise of consuming a special lemon/garlic/oil blend first thing in the morning, followed with the herbs in the specially formulated Water Dragon Detox Tea blend, stimulates important Phase 1 & 2 Enzyme systems, critical for detoxification and general health.
First – make the tea
Start by placing 2-3 tablespoons of Detox Tea Blend and covering the herbs in a stainless steel/ceramic or glass saucepan and covering with 2-3L of purified cold water. Bring to boil and then simmer, covered, for 10-20mins. Cool slightly and then strain herbs into a large jug, teapot or thermos.
While the tea is simmering make the lemon/garlic/oil concoction:
Place the following ingredients in a blender (or bullet processer), blend at high speed until very well blended
- 1 lemon, include rind if organic (otherwise just the juice)
- 1 cup pure or distilled water
- 1 tablespoon, extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil. Add an extra tablespoon each day i.e., day 5 is 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, add an extra clove each day i.e., 5 cloves on day 5
- Small piece ginger root (2cm cube)
- 4 ice cubes (pure)
What to do:
- Drink the liver flush mixture SLOWLY on an empty stomach, 15 minutes later follow with at least 2 cups of the Detox tea, ideally consume all of the tea over the day (can be served chilled with mint and lemon slices).
- Do not eat for 2 hours from taking lemon/garlic/oil mixture
- Resume dietary intake with something light to start, and then build up to normal diet during the day
Note: if you find the amount of garlic too much to tolerate (you might be experiencing ‘die-off’ or have under functioning detoxification pathway in the liver that is worsened with sulphur foods like garlic), then it’s best to take only the amount of garlic clove(s) that your body can handle.